Monday, April 13, 2009

He is Risen Indeed!


What a wonderful day this was! After worshiping together in our new building- (I know, I know. It is just a tool, but what a wonderful tool it is. I get excited about all the things God can do with this building!)-we headed home and welcomed Kyle & Jaimee, her parents, the W's from church, and Jonathan & Maryanna. Since 8 of the 14 of us have Twitter accounts, I think this could successully qualify as a "Tweet-up".

I'm going to post some of the recipes this week. Everything tasted yummy! Three guesses who made the cake for dessert? (Sorry. No recipe. You could go to the library and check out Rose Levy Berenbaum's The Cake Bible for yourself faster than I could type it for you!). The cake was a genoise au chocolat with Grand Marnier syrup and a strawberry cloud filling (strawberry puree with whipped cream and more Grand Marnier) encircled by a chocolate lace border.

3 comments:

southerninspiration said...

Wow, that's gorgeous!!!

Suzanne

Teacherperson said...

We had the most wonderful day as well at my mom's. Whether it is a fancy cake or a pile of peanut M-n-Ms, it's all chocolate!

Anonymous said...

Oh! My! Goodness! That Kelsey is something else. She could start entering contests and bring home the rewards (money). Love, Mom