Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Me! Me! I want to be a millionaire!

Since I never met a game show I didn’t like, today’s Who Wants to Be A Millionaire auditions here in Houston seemed like a fun way to spend a morning. Up at 5AM, I headed into town to get in line by 6. My fellow auditioners were friendly and fascinating (Hi Barbara and Jackie!) and made the 2 1/2 hours much more bearable.
After being herded inside (hooray for air conditioning!) we played some trivia games and I won a t-shirt! The most fun part of this story is that I wouldn’t have even known the answer if it weren’t for the fact that my facebook friend (and fellow Jeopardy! enthusiast Megan) was on Millionaire herself last month. This was one of her questions! Like I tell my students: “You don’t have to be smart; you have to pay attention!”
I guess this particular game show appearance isn’t in my future because I didn’t pass the test. They didn’t tell us what a passing grade was, but 25/30 isn’t it.
Have a great week and don’t pass by the chance to pursue your dreams – whenever it pops up!

6 comments:

Teacherperson said...

Wow. I think the millionaire show and I would not do too well as I'm not as up on pop culture as most. Good for you to get 25!

southerninspiration said...

I didn't even know you were doing this!!!!! Sorry you didn't make it, but I did see you in the video clip!!!

Suzanne

Anita@Theycallmejammi said...

How fun...what a way to spend the morning...Good for you for giving it a try. There is always next time.

Anonymous said...

That's my girl! Who knows what you will do next! Glad you had a good day, even if they did miss out on an outstanding contestant.
Love, Mom

Katie Krebs said...

was that your shirt I caught a glimpse of?

EuroMom said...

I saw you in the clip, looking pretty in pink!

Too bad you didn't make the show. You could have had another party!