Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year, New Start: Day 1

clip_image002[7] This project is guaranteed to make you feel better about yourself and your surroundings. It's easy, won't cost you a penny, and doesn't require any more exercise than walking to your trash can. Post "done" when you're finished and pat yourself on the back! This is not about setting goals you can’t meet or resolving to do something that only induces guilt later. Feel free to share with friends.

Rules (or “Suggestions” if the “R word” makes you uncomfortable and/or rebellious.) – Each task should take less than five minutes. Don’t be tempted to get sucked in and spend all day. Prove to yourself that you can accomplish measurable progress quickly. Each task  is for you and you alone. If you want a family member to join in, fine, but they need to accomplish their own tasks. You can’t do it for them.  Ready? Here we go…

Somewhere in your sock drawer there is an unmatched sock that has been there for ages. There is no hope for this poor singleton. There is no e-hosiery-harmony and this thing will never find its partner. Throw it out.

Congratulations! You’re on your way.

11 comments:

southerninspiration said...

Oooooh, OOoohh, I am all over this! Thanks for the inspiration. I"ll be back to post DONE!!! LOL, who would have thought this could be so EXCITING!?!
Suzanne

southerninspiration said...

Thanks to you the FIRST accomplishment of 2010! Done! I love this--what are we doing tomorrow????? :)
And now a retreat to organize!

Suzanne

Patricia said...

I am a brand new follower of you blog and thrilled that Suzanne had link to you!!!
Sock drawer DONE ... Sock basket EMPTY
Starting the new year RIGHT!
Many Blessings
Patricia

Diana Ferguson said...

I'm off to the sock drawer!!

Beverly said...

I love this. I found you on Southern Inspiraton. Watch out sock drawer, here I come!!

cindy t. (tturnerc) said...

too funny. i wonder if my dh saw this . . . i noticed a lonely sock in the bathroom trashcan!

Beverly said...

Back to report....sock drawer done. Not a single lonely sock left and no socks with holes. If it even looked like a hole starting it got tossed. Oh! and those pantyhose I have had and not worn for 10 yrs....gone too. I feel great. Can't wait to see whats for tomorrow.
Thanks for your visit, nice to get to know you too. I'll be back.

Renee @ AddMoreChocolate said...

Wow! Y'all are really overachievers...I was just hoping for 1 sock, and you did the whole drawer! Gold stars all around :-)

EuroMom said...

Oh this is very exciting! I am not "done" yet but will be soon. I have to get to that pile of laundry in my room.

MagistraCarminum said...

This is lovely, R- done here!

Lynne said...

Two socks in the trash. One that I've always hated (I won it in a basket at a Valentine's banquet a few years ago) and one that I didn't even remember.