Friday, February 5, 2010

A Month of Chocolate: Take Me Home, Rocky Roads

5
Can we ever have too many brownie recipes? Of course not! This one was clipped from a copy of Bon Appétit magazine, ages and ages ago.
Rocky Road Brownies
4 1-oz. squares bittersweet chocolate
1 c. butter
2 c. sugar
4 eggs, room temp
1 c. flour
1 t. vanilla
2 c. mini marshmallows
1 c. chocolate chips
1 c. chopped pecans
Heat oven to 350. Grease a 9x13 pan. Melt chocolate squares and butter in a saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat and add sugar, blending well. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in flour and vanilla. Add marshmallows, chips, and nuts and mix thoroughly. Turn mixture into pan. Bake until almost set, about 40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes and cut into squares. Makes about 24.

4 comments:

Slendarella said...

Okay, clearly this is a VERY dangerous blog for me, since I'm trying to lose weight!

And yet, I find myself printing the recipe. Oh,me! *sigh*

Anonymous said...

So funny that you should post this recipe today. I just ate two monster sized brownies that were an experiment. I added pecans and marshmallows to a box mix just for fun and then had a major pig out.

I really wish I saw your recipe first then at least they would have tasted better since I really seemed to need a chocolate fix today.

Renee @ AddMoreChocolate said...

Slendarella, I shouldn't tell you this - but when I fixed these for dessert last night, everyone wanted theirs with ice cream!

Marla, if you need a chocolate fix, this is the ticket!

4 Life said...

Holy Chocolate, Batman! I can't wait to see what this month of chocolate will lead to! Probably a few gained pounds - eek!