Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spring (Break) Has Sprung!

em chair
Because I’m told every blog post should communicate something of value, here is what I have learned this week from being “hostess Grandmommy” to Princess Emmeline and her parents.
10. Stock up: Bought diapers, formula, and finger foods.
9. Equip for the trip: Now I own a pack-n-play, stroller, and strap-to-the-chair high chair.
8. Cook in quantity. When you have a house full of company, it’s nice to have leftovers and options. Double quantities of chili, chicken salad, and pastitsio have fed the masses.
7. But you don’t have to do it all! I have a local Greek place where I can pick up pitas and baklava to round things out.
6. Bath time for baby means I get to pick the lotion and bubble bath. Nothing smells sweeter than squeaky clean kiddoes. Lavender Aveeno …nice.
5. If you don’t have a stock of kid-vids on hand, search You Tube. This morning Emmie and I enjoyed Raffi while drinking our morning coffee and milk.
4. I don’t have the toy cabinet stocked, but I do have some rippable magazines and a stash of tupperware. What more do we need?
3. Paper plates and plastic forks come in handy. Who wants to do dishes when there are babies to rock?
2. Part of the fun of being grandmommy is shopping. I found out that HEB (my favorite grocery store) sells adorable grosgrain ribbon bows for $1!
1. Enjoy every minute! Life is full of blessings to be thankful for, no matter what season of life you are currently in.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That baby girl Emmeline is absolutely adorable!! Totally agree with all your words of wisdom. I find the same necessities hold true when my grandbabies come to visit.

Teacherperson said...

I shall remember these wise words of advice! What FUN!

Unknown said...

My in-laws were here all week and spoiled the kids rotten!! I had to laugh at your magazine and tupperware comment- My MIL entertained our baby with tupperware and empty Girl Scout cookie boxes this week!

~Becca