Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Why You Don’t Want to Read This Blog

Dear Loyal Readers,
Hi Mom!
Yes, you’re right. My little corner of the blogosphere has been sorely neglected. November? I haven’t posted since November? 
Here’s the thing. Every time I think about posting something, I talk myself out of it because there are already others out there who do it better. Then when I go off in search of help for how to do it better myself, I just get discouraged. I’m not seeking to make a million, make a name for myself, or make life better for thousands on the planet. Really, I just like to have a place to journal and share. Ok, “journal” seems a bit pretentious. Remember xanga? (Does anyone still remember xanga?) I went hunting through my archives the other day in search of a recipe and had fun digging through accounts of our past few years. Weddings…graduations…surgeries….Jeopardy! 
In the interest of full disclosure….
*You won’t find me giving away a Kitchenaid mixer every Friday.
*I take terrible pictures. The only camera I have is on the back of my iPhone.
*I’m in favor of faith, family, and friends, but I don’t do politics.
*I’d love to visit with you in the comments, but I can’t promise I’ll follow your blog, link to your cause, or play the game of the week.
*I post sporadically (hello! November?) but without apology.
So that about sums it up. What you see is what you get: a 40-something mom & grandmom, teacher, cook, writer, daughter, and friend with a few things to say and a place to say them.
Love,
Renee

6 comments:

Love the Decor! said...

Good attitude!!
Blogging should be fun not an obligations or a guilt enhancer!!
Hope you have a wonderful day!!

MagistraCarminum said...

This is the post I wish I'd written. Maybe i will just refer people to yours...

Anonymous said...

You go, daughter.. You do a fine job, or let's say you were doing a fine job...lol My friends and I miss your insightfulness, your recipes, your pictures, and all that makes Renee very special.

Love, Mom

Unknown said...

You can't chase us away. If you post we will read and hey, the iPhone takes great pics.

LG CHEN said...

Blogwalking here!!

Donna said...

Once you are book marked, I check on your blog. Thank you for a later post of Fish Tacos.....a lurker and a fan!!
Blessings!11