Monday, July 9, 2012

It's Thanksgiving in July!

(I'm in the process of migrating some blog entries from an old blog into this one. I'd like to have all my recipes in one place. Please excuse the dust while I remodel a little bit. The good news is that I'm adding labels to each post, even the old ones, so we can all find what we are looking for much easier!)

From November of '07

Cajun Cornbread Dressing


3 T. butter
1 c. each chopped onion and celery
1/2 c. each red, yellow, and green bell pepper
2 c. chopped smoked sausage (I used Savoie's brand beef sausage. You could use andouille.)
2 c. chopped raw shrimp
1 stick butter
1 32 oz. box chicken broth
1 16 oz. bag cornbread dressing mix (I used HEB brand)
2 t. Tony Chachere's creole seasoning

In a large pot or skillet melt the 3 T. butter and saute the vegetables until soft. Add the sausage and continue cooking until browned. Add the shrimp and cook through. Add the remaining butter and cook until melted. Add broth and turn off heat. Stir in dressing mix and seasoning. Bake in 9 x 13 casserole dish at 350 for 30 minutes.

Enjoy your leftovers!

No comments: