Friday, February 27, 2009

Goin' Texan


Today is Go Texan Day. That's right pardners, cowpokes, and buckaroos, it's rodeo time in Houston. To commemorate this special occasion, I decided it was high time I owned my very own pair of boots. And here you see them in all their black, shiny leather glory. I think I just might have to wear these more than once a year.

Anyone else going to the rodeo? I'm not one for the giant turkey legs, but I've sampled a fried twinkie. This year Steve and I are going to see Trace Adkins. Can't wait!

6 comments:

Hinterlands said...

Li'l Bit and I will be going. DH's works gets tickets each year and he got the 4 for the Taylor Swift concert. Hope it is good!

I already ordered our 1/2 price carnival tickets so Li'l Bit and her friend can ride to their hearts content at a reasonable price. :-)

The boys are disappointed they don't get to go this year, but they have a baseball game....plenty of baseball games....

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!! At least you didn't tuck in your pants leg to show you had some cattle. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Very nice, Renee!

southerninspiration said...

YeeHaw!!! Look at 'dem boots!!!

Suzanne

Renee @ AddMoreChocolate said...

Hinter - bet you will have a great time. That's a popular concert!

Mom, I never knew that's what tucking jeans into boots meant. Learned something new.

Teacherperson said...

Wow. You can be an official Texan now. WOO! I wonder what I have to buy to be an official Pennsylvanian?