Tuesday, March 3, 2009

If You Can Count This...


...thank a math teacher! (Ha! You thought I was going to say "read this" didn't you?)

Did you know that today is Square Root Day? No, this doesn't mean you can eat beats or turnips, (although my mom enjoys both. This apple fell very far from that particular tree!) Take a good look at the date: 3/3/09. 3 x 3 = 9! This occasion won't happen again until 4/4/16. For some reason these numerical oddities bring me great joy. For instance, I have a friend whose son was born on 6/7/89. How neat is that? When my birthday month is doubled, you get the date (8/16). The same thing is true of my mom's: 2/4. Numbers are fun aren't they?

-MathMom

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty good for a mom who doesn't have a particular affinity for MATH. Love Mom (lover of beets and turnips)

Teacherperson said...

See, you really are a MATHmom!

I like number trivia like that, too. I think it is a "function" of being married to a mathematician all these years.

Hinterlands said...

My brother was born on 4-4-64 at 4am in the morning. I was born on 2-12-66 at 6:06....The next brother messed it up by being born on 6-29. LOL!!!