Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Prizewinner of Plumtree Forest*

Today was a fun day! I started out all organized by putting the brisket in the crockpot. Yes, this is the same crockpot that I wrote about on facebook as being broken, but really, what was broken was the handle. I thought it might still work.

Coming home from PREP today I was not greeted by the smell of simmering roast. I was greeted by...a cold roast in a cold crockery? Yes it was plugged in and yes it was turned on. Great.

Just as I was about to order pizza, my twitter account updated and I saw a note that I had won the Jason's Deli daily trivia contest! I'm not sure what my prize is, but who cares? I described quantum physics in 140 characters or less! Me!

I said " If each bite of deli-wrap is half as small as the last one, I will eat particles into infinity."
That's it. If you can't be smart, then be all about product placement.

(*And if you'd like to read about a real prizewinner, may I recommend The Prizewinner of Defiance Ohio. It's a... ahem....winner!)

5 comments:

MagistraCarminum said...

You are both funny and clever, friend! Congratulations on your very practical win! Maybe if we start hanging out, some of your winning will rub off on me...

southerninspiration said...

Clearly I need to hang around you more often so your cleverness will rub off on me....I had NO idea when I read that what your were talking about. I figured it was something very important....but wow, it was yet another winning answer to a trivia contest!! Congrats! and I hope it was enough to feed the fam.

Suzanne

Katie Krebs said...

You know, you are famous here in the customer service department because I told them you won on Jeopardy. You are still the cool mom!

The knob broke on my crockpot, and one of the legs wobbles, but it still works thank goodness. Thanks to the crockpot blog I use it about once a week. This week we had corn and spinach enchiladas, which were very good--not that you'll be trying them out anytime soon!

Teacherperson said...

That is an excellent definition! And, I loved that book. I've not seen the movie, though.

Anonymous said...

You go girl! So what was for dinner? Hopefully not roast tartare. Love, Mom